Tulum has a growing offer of hotels, and in the category of best budget hotels there are very good ones, hotels priced around or below $100 for a double room. Most of the best budget hotels in Tulum are not seafront, they are in the Tulum town, some 2-3 miles away from the beach. Tulum is a bicycle friendly town, so if you are staying in one of the value hotels listed here, you can bike to the beach. The road that connects the Tulum town with the beach has an exclusive bicycle path. If you are not sporty enough for a bike, you can take a local cab, the fare for a trip to beach is less than $5. Another option is to rent a car, not strictly needed, but useful if you want to do excursions to parks, ruins and other nature and culture marvels.
Some of the best budget cabanas and hotels are the following:
- Posada Yum Kin (rates from $65/85 in low/high season). Address: Kukulkan Norte, between Halcones and Tucanes streets. Phone: +521 984 127 7904. Very friendly, ideal for families. Good service. Beautiful tropical garden, pool and jacuzzi, the ideal place to hang your hammock and relax.
- Teetotum Hotel (rates from $75). Address: Avenida Cobá Sur 2. Phone: +52 984 143 8956. Another small family run hotel (from Philladelphia) , just 4 rooms. Retro-chic decoration (kinda 60s). Highly recommended.
- Posada Luna del Sur (rates from $60). Check our full review of Posada Luna del Sur Tulum
- Hotel Latino. Check our full review of Hotel Latino Tulum
- Rancho Tranquilo (rates from $20). You need to be comfortable with a low end hotel, its service and its crowd, but if you are on a really tight budget this is the place for you. Big gardens and rooms are a plus.
- La Selva Mariposa. Check our full review of La Selva Mariposa
- Cabanas Don Diego de la Selva (rates from $ 75). Address: Calle Tulum, Manzana 24, Lote 3. Phone: +52 984 1149744